I lead the course alternating moments of theory and practice.
Through a small test sampler and the training of the stitches on a drawing suited in the album A flower Alphabet (garland on page 63), we will review the following topics:
- traditional and multimedia sources useful for model research;
- the drawing on light and dark fabric;
- materials for classic embroidery;
- practice of stem stitch as a learning model for linear stitches (how to start and finish the thread, movements, corner, curves… );
- basic stitches (back stitch, blanket stitch, daisy stitch, fly stitch, knot stitch and bullion stitch), practiced with the embroidery of little flowers ;
- Palestrina stitch.
Course only available in italian language, at the moment.