CLASSES – LONG AND SHORT STITCH with a focus on colors
Train eye and hand to use colors, while learning
Long and Short Stitch. Artistic sensibilities are an added value, not a requirement!
The aim of the course is to teach long and short stitch, with step by step excerises, the review of appropriate materials and the hint of strategies for color confidence. I will highlight the importance of the choice of reference models, as a eye training exercise to colors.
- how to start and finish thread on a frame;
- the preparation of the work (split stitch);
- the basic technique of long and short stitch;
- managing multiple shades;
- how to give up pattern, towards the embroidery of natural shades;
- the use of contrasts;
- the drafting of converging stitches;
- the embroidery of folds of petals or leaves;
- the drafting of the stitches in the curves.
Course only available in italian language, at the moment.
Next dates for the Course “Long and short stitch, with a focus on colors”
Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd March 2020
12 Hours, ITALIAN LANGUAGE
- Number of seats available: 0/8
Agriturismo La Borina, San Bonifacio (VR)